This post definately doesn't have any relation to cooking, but gorgeous flowers in the kitchen make happy cooks, right?
Took Mom to the annual Swan Island Dahlia festival yesterday. We had a blast!
The weather was just perfect 75 degrees and sunny. There were so many amazing flowers everywhere, it was just beautiful!

Swan Island Dahlias is a local Dahlia farm - and the biggest grower in the US! Every year they open up their fields for visitors and have talks on Dahlia growing and huge flower displays. We headed out with my friends Melanie and Marlo. Here are a few pictures of the fields:
I didn't get any pictures of Melanie and Marlo trotting through the fields looking all fabulous in their high heels, but I'm glad those gals came, we had some good laughs. Afterwards we refueled at "The Wild Hare". Ask Mom about her Wild Hare chilli!!
Lindsey, you won my cheese book giveaway at Madame Fromage! Please drop me an email with your snail mail address. Here's my email:
ReplyDeletetenayadarlington@gmail.com
I'll put the books in the mail this week. Happy cheese trails to ya!
OHHH THE GORGEOUS DAHLIAS! That was the best day, we had so much fun and learned alot about dahlias.....who knew? As far as the 'wild hare'...well, that was an honest mistake by an Okie who thinks they have everything fresh in Oregon, including wild hare chili!!! "-(I think it was really just Hormel, but those girls sure had fun teasing me!)
ReplyDelete